Targ1: Targetry for Laser-driven Proton (Ion) Accelerator Sources
What does it take to make laser-ion accelerators a viable experiment tool?
We thank all the participants for their participation and contribution to this enlightening event.
It is our hope that it marks a valuable starting point for our quest to turn laser-driven ion-sources into viable experimental tools.
- Targets: Gas - near-critical - solid, Angstroms or Millimeter
- Fabrication and handling: Production - Characterization - Alignment
- Shape and density conditioning
- Control of ion properties: angular divergence, energy spectrum, efficiency, bunch duration
- Rep-rated capability
- Pre-, intra- and post-irradiation accelerator diagnostics
- Challenges of technology development
Institute for Advanced Study (IAS), Garching, Germany
9th - 11th October 2013
Jörg Schreiber: Joerg.Schreiber@lmu.de or Andrea Leinthaler: +49 (0)89 28914078
Workshop presented by Munich-Centre for Advanced Photonics (MAP)